Corporate history

The Boz Group goes back to the 1930s and the extraordinary Eufrasia, wife of Giacomo. On the death of her husband Giacomo and to support her five children, Eufrasia began a business collecting recyclable materials and reselling them.

Helped by jovial and charismatic son Giuseppe (Bepi) from the humble beginnings, Eufrasia led the way until she died in the 1950s, leaving the son to carry forward the small trading business, which in those days included iron, metal, paper and cloth.

In the 50s and 60s Bepi made the business grow, being helped greatly by his wife Mafalda and son Giuseppe Jr. (Bepino). Investments were made to improve the means of transport, from bicycle to horse, from horse to truck. Much to the pleasure of Bepi, Bepino was keen to take on dad’s business, which he began to do in 1958.

Following in the family tradition of working hard and reinvesting in the business, warehouses were built, a cloth-press bought and workmen employed. The first electric press for paper was actually a converted hay-press, while the early deliveries of materials were made with trucks for animals borrowed from friends.

In the 60s and 70s investments progressed and Giuseppe Jr. also had an eye on expanding abroad, where he mainly bought metal scrap for use by Italy’s foundries and steel works. To help in this phase, younger members of the family (Antonella, Daniela, Giovanni and Renato) were brought in, taking up various roles.

In the early 1980s, to focus on the two key business branches, the company was reorganised into Boz Carta snc (managed by Giovanni and dealing with paper and other non-metal recyclable materials), and Boz srl (run by Renato and dealing with ferrous and non-ferrous scrap in Italy and abroad).

Boz IMEX is the natural extension of Boz Srl as the branch with a sharp focus on metal scrap.